Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Gear pendant

This project was exciting and annoying. This was before I knew about gear template generators on the internet. I made these gears by hand with SolidWorks. Drew a circle then drew all the teeth separately. Then I screen captured the image, then brought them into Corel draw and retraced them, then cut them. Now I could do this much faster.


The clear casing is 3 layers of 1/8 acrylic. It only took two tries to get one right.

The white tubes are styrene tubing, later I will do this with mini screws.















All the gears rotate nicely when the large gear rotates with motions from the thumb.
I put a large chain through the top hole and wear it as a necklace. Its a fun thing to play with when you are trying to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment