Sunday, November 22, 2015

3D Printing issues

I needed to 3D print my model, because I made far too difficult for a router to cut out. All my classmates made their products at school with the shop and its shop teachers, but I got frustrated with the machines and programs, so I said EFF IT! I'll make it myself at the tech shop.

Unfortunately for me.. all 3 of the 3D printers were crapping out on me. It failed about a dozen times on me before. I owned all 3 of the printers. All the DCs couldn't figure out what was wrong. The same thing kept happening. It would start printing on air, the gears inside stopped turning the plastic through.  This picture is the farthest it got and it failed twice.
This is a sample of the mess I had made before it printed 1 part! it was such a miracle! I was there for at least 6 hours.. I went home after that night..  really worried about how I was going to print the next 8 pieces.


Two days later... SUCCESS!!! a new brand of 3D printing filament was bought and used. It was a weird Gold color.. I LOVE GOLD!

I was so excited to see that it had printed 3 of my buttons.. I knew it was safe to continue with more pieces.

And Magically the old filament of pink was working. I was working on 2 machines at once.  Frowned upon but no one uses the 3D printers.




Also while I was using 2 of the 3D printers I also was using the Vinyl cutter, and a laser cutter :p

I was afraid the stars on the stickers I made weeks ago were too small and wouldn't stick. so I made the stars bigger.


 Hallelujah! This was so scary! it went four hours without messing up once! I was sad and scared to leave it. it was around 4am and I couldn't be there anymore. It had an hour left. A DC said they would watch it for me. It was like trusting him with a small child.
....
The next day I came back and printed the other half of the ring.. Which was actually today, this is a pic of the second ring.

All in a days work!!!  I made some Decals, I 3D printed my project for class, and I stained wood for the first time and cut out 28 tags.

While I was waiting for my sister to come to Phx and for a print to finish, I an hour and a half to print this scorpion. I found it on thingiverse.com this scorpion moves his hands and tail, and can hold pens in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment