Saturday, July 18, 2015

Fish multi-tool




After seeing many multi-tools in the shapes of animals on Instagram I decided I wanted to make one myself.  I knew a fish's mouth and tail could have the right shape for a hex nut. I wasn't sure what to put in between so I put more hex nut holes in. Every tool I've seen has a bottle opener so I decided to put that apart of the fin. Normally the eye of an animal is a place for a lanyard loop. My fish's eye is either a lanyard hole, or a hex wrench socket. That would be up to the users choice.

This was my first time using the Tech Shops CAD programs. I have the perfect tolerances and dimensions with the plastic pieces cut from a laser cutter. but when I take the same file and use it with the Water Jet Cutters outside, the holes shrink some how. so I am going to have to do some remolding to adjust for the difference.

This was done in mid July of 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment